Your Tampa Bay Attorney with Business, Legal & Life Experience
Lawrence E. Miccolis
Florida attorney Lawrence E. Miccolis focuses his legal practice in the areas of business law, estate planning, veterans and military benefits, and general civil litigation, mediation, and arbitration. For fellow residents of the Tampa Bay area, Mr. Miccolis offers mobile services, visiting clients at their business locations, homes, hospitals, or nursing home at their convenience. He is accredited by the Department of Veterans Affairs, and is a Florida Supreme Court Certified County Mediator.
With over 20 years of honorable service, Mr. Miccolis retired as a U.S. Marine Corps Lieutenant Colonel in 2004 after completing his last tour as a CH-53E helicopter squadron commander. He went on to work in defense contracting as both an operations research analyst and as a manager, assisting organizations in defining goals, creating strategic plans, and developing and refining quantitative business processes. Mr. Miccolis has successfully managed staffs of up to 300 in all levels of administration and technical fields, and has developed business in U.S. Department of Defense contracts.
Still passionate about serving as an advocate for others, Mr. Miccolis decided to study law as a second career in his chosen community of Tampa, Florida. While at Stetson University College of Law, he was selected to participate in the 2007 Phelps Dunbar First Year Appellate Oral Advocacy Competition, and was then selected as a member of the world renowned Stetson University Moot Court Board. He not only competed in several competitions, but also student coached a team to win Best Team. Mr. Miccolis went on to receive the Victor O. Wehle Award, an Excellence in Trial Advocacy award, and the William F. Blews Pro Bono Service Award. He continues to be active in the law school network by volunteering as an Advocacy Skills Trainer and as a Florida Bar Exam Preparation Mentor.
- Stetson University College of Law, Gulfport, Florida, Juris Doctor
- Naval Postgraduate School, Monterey, California, Master of Science in Operations Analysis
- Villanova University, Villanova, Pennsylvania, Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- United States Navy Flight School, Pensacola, Florida
Associations, Experience & Interests
- American Bar Association - Business and Real Property, Trust and Estate Law Sections
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Accredited Attorney by the Department of Veterans Affairs
- Florida Supreme Court Certified County Mediator
- Stetson University College of Law - Moot Court Board Coach, Advocacy Skills Trainer, Florida Bar Exam Preparation Mentor
- Stetson University College of Law - Research Assistant, "The Elderly in Bankruptcy"
- Licensed Commercial Pilot - Fixed Wing and Helicopter
- St. Mark the Evangelist Catholic Church - Parishioner
- Walt Disney World and Gasparilla Marathoner